[Nfb-krafters-korner] Tweeds versus Heathers

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 22:20:47 UTC 2012

Sarah wrote:

Someone recently asked for an explanation of the difference between
heathered yarns and tweed.

Cathy says:

Oh yes Sarah that was me, and you gave me the answers I was looking for. I
had the feeling there was something about the arrangement of the colors,
that was not just a shade of color, and now with your description I
understand it. I loved your example of the texture of a basketball, just
what I needed to translate the sight of it into a texture of color that I
could understand.  Thanks so much.

Naturally, now that I understand more about these two different color
variations in yarn, I want to rush right out and get some! hearing your
description reminded me of how a blind friend once said that she wished she
could somehow feel the colors of the yarn. We aren't quite there yet, but
getting closer!