[Nfb-krafters-korner] magic ring help

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Sep 18 17:53:57 UTC 2012

This is how I did it in the past...

You make a circle with the yarn tail.  You hold the tail and yarn that  you
made the circle out of now you put the hook into the circle and draw up a
loop and  this is like wrapping the yarn around the strand of yarn that is
your tail.From what they say I believe they turned it around and going in
the  direction of the tail putting single crochets in the circle and covering
the  tail.  When you get your amount in the circle you find the end and pull
it  to tighten the circle up .  This way your tail is anchored by the
number of  single crochets you added to the circle.  This is the way I am
picturing  it.  I actually like the chain 2 and 6 single crochet in first chain.

In a message dated 9/18/2012 1:39:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lmartinez217 at gmail.com writes:

>From the  description, it sounds like you chain one and then instead of
continuing a  chain you crochet the yarn tail which you use to tighten?
I'm missing  something here. I'm going to try it out when I get a
chance because I've  cranked out two really awesome crocheted purses
and I've got orders for 2  more. I was able to weave in ends to cover
the tiny little hole formed by  the beginning pattern.

Maybe this can be a Monday night chat one  night.

LM

On 9/18/12, Cathy <flowersandherbs at gmail.com>  wrote:
> LM asked:
>
> Is this magic ring to start a project  that is crocheted in the round?
> Cathy says:
> Yes it is. since I  have never actually tried it myself, I can't explain
it
> to you. if I  get around to trying it and am successful I will be happy to
> explain  it to you. in the meantime, perhaps some one else who has tried
it,
>  like Joyce, will explain it.

>  Nfb-krafters-korner:

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/lmartinez217%40gmail.com