[Nfb-krafters-korner] magic ring help

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Tue Sep 18 19:12:29 UTC 2012

How ironic!  I just learned how to do a Magic Ring and I love it!!!!  Guess what I am making?????

I watched a video on You Tube to learn how it was done.  I will see if I can describe it to you.

1.  Lay your end of your working yarn in the palm of your hand.
2.  Wrap the working yarn around your pointer finger and continue around the pointer finger making an X as the yarn crosses over.
3.  Place your thumb down on the yarn where it creates the X.
4.  Pull the loop on the back side of your finger to make the loop around your pointer finger a little looser.  (This just gives you a little extra room to work with)
5. Take your crochet hook and place it inside the loop.
6. YO and bring yarn through the loop.  This will create a loop on your hook.
7. YO again and bring the working yarn through the loop on your hook.  This should create something that looks like a diamond wedding ring or one stone ring.  8. Take the tail end of your beginning yarn outside of the "magic loop" or "circle ring".  There you have it!

Good Luck!

Cindy