[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting Machines

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Apr 2 18:05:40 UTC 2013

I had looked into knitting machines after I went blind and I will say the
most important thing is to find a knitting machine teacher who is willing to
 work with you.  I unfortunately did not find one and the one I found who
was sighted obviously didn't have a clue on teaching a blind person and did
not  want to try.

I did have a chance to work a manual one and I was really anxious to keep
going for lessons and I had a machine picked out, but the teacher was not
willing to take the time to teach me.  This teacher was not close to me in
where I lived and I had arranged transportation back and forth, but she not
only  discouraged me, but did not return my phone calls  and finally emailed
me  telling me it would cost me several thousand dollors for her lessons
besides the  cost of purchasing the machine from her.  So I gave up.

In a message dated 4/2/2013 1:54:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,