[Nfb-krafters-korner] for Cathy - about rug hooking

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 00:54:16 UTC 2013

hi Deidre,

thanks so much for your detailed explanation of rug hooking. I found it very interesting. I certainly hope I can soon go to somewhere that has a display of completed hooked rugs, so that I might check them out. I am fascinated by the idea of being able to use different fabrics on a single canvas, , as well as the ability to create one's own design. this sounds to me to be a more creative craft than latch hooking for those reasons. I enjoy latch hooking, and rug hooking   sounds to be a more interesting craft, though somewhat similar.

I will certainly let you know if I do get the chance to see any rug hook projects and what I think of them. but chances are I will get hooked!' <grin>

meanwhile, what generally would be the cost of beginning a project with this craft as far as purchasing the supplies needed? do you feel that you might be able to teach a beginners class in this craft at some time in the future?

thanks so much.

Cathy