[Nfb-krafters-korner] Short Row Knitting Class Coming Soon

Denise Shaible denise.shaible at att.net
Sun Aug 18 19:22:10 UTC 2013

Annette,

This sounds great.  You say that students need to know how to cast on, do
the knit stitch, and bind off.  Do you mostly use the long tail cast on?
I'm so glad you decided on the date and time because I know there was lots
of discussion on it.  I'll be there, that's for sure.

I'd like to mention something.  I looked on the Lion Brand web site for that
self-striping yarn and I decided to sign up for their newsletter.  Thanks
for suggesting the yarn and the web site.  One thing, I've noticed that
there are a couple of things I don't know how to do.  ONe is decreasing or
increasing evenly across a row and picking up stitches to make a border.  I
think these techniques may be a little more advanced but, if anyone knows
how to do them, let me know.  I'm looking forward very much to the short row
class because I've always wanted to learn it.  I've seen patterns for scarfs
made with that type of stitch but, couldn't figure it out.

Regards,

Denise