[Nfb-krafters-korner] New Krafter, hopefully.

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Aug 18 23:49:48 UTC 2013

Blake,

I don't know what it is with your email, but please do see if you can
figure this out.  Your replies are coming totally at the bottom of the  email
and everyone's replies come first.  With our screenreading programs,  we have
to listen to all of the messages before we get to your reply.

Now as far as the classes go, we encourage folks to "try it" and see if you
 like how we do our class.  Monday Night Chats are open to everyone.

Classes after you have done yourfirst "Try it class", we ask that you
become a paid member of the NFB Krafters Division.  It cost $10 July to  July or
any part of that and you can take as many classes as you want for  free.
You just need to pay for the long distanbce phone call unless you  have
unlimited long distance.

In a message dated 8/18/2013 3:38:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
blakentracy at live.com writes:

On  8/17/2013 11:35 AM, Blindhands at aol.com wrote:
>  Blake,
>
> First let me welcome you.  You asked  a very good question and let me
first
> say, you came to the right  place.  There is a lot of different craft
items
> that I  believe will fit your needs.  You do have to think when you
start
> learning anything it takes some concentration to get the hang of  it.
>
> Amanda is one of our High School students  that also teaches poney bead
> classes and she will be teaching 2  Christmas ornaments the last week of
August.
>   Wednesday  & Friday evening August 28 &30.  The call in number is  605
781
> 1000 code 875029#.  I am not sure of the time as of yet, but  watch  the
> posts here.
>
> Annette is  considering a new beginners knitting class in the fall.
>
> We have safety pin beading which Amanda's Mom and Dad teach here  and
> [Theresa & Ken] put kits together labeling supplies in Braille  for us.
>
> I hope to be planning a class in basket  weaving for beginners,.  So  once
> you get the hang of it you  can listen to books or music.  We do have
loom
> knitting  classes, so you do have a lot to pick from and give a try.
>
> Our Monday night chats, which should be picking upin the fall are  open to
> everyone.  We will be having a Monday Night Chat which is  an introduction
> to Safety Pin Beading  that will be rescheduled  in the near future.
>
> So hang in there and I am  sure you will find something that wil interest
>  you.
>
> Joyce  Kane
>  _www.KraftersKorner.org_ (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)
>  Blindhands at AOL.com
>

> In a message dated  8/16/2013 6:16:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> blakentracy at live.com  writes:
>
> Hello  all:
>
> I am a student in  highschool. I joined this list about a month ago  and
> just  listened. So I decided to introduce myself on here, and ask my
>  question. My name is blake. I wanted to know if there were any craft
>  ideas I can either learn quickly without someone physically being  there
> and checking my work, or something easyish that anyone could do.  I want
> to have to think about it, but not where it has to be dead  silent and no
> distractions, because I want to be able to do something  while listening
> to a book. Right now, I'm forced to string beads for  little children. I
> have to be doing something, or else I fall   asleep.
>
> thanks:
>

>  Blake

>  40aol.com

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/blakentracy%40live.com

Thank  you all! I will try to be on all these chats. I just wonder if I
will have  to work on my mom to buy supplies for all these classes, or if
I can just  listen for the first time? I don't want to buy a kit, only to
find a  specific craft isn't for  me.

Nfb-krafters-korner  mailing  list
Nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org