[Nfb-krafters-korner] New Krafter, hopefully.

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Sat Aug 17 21:04:08 UTC 2013

        Hi, and welcome, Blake,
Apart from all the crafts mentioned already, there is also origami or paper
folding. I present some e-mail classes from time to time and by following
the text-only instructions, you can fold different objects, from boxes to
hats, to wallets and decorations, etc.
You will have to concentrate when learning to fold a specific model, but
once you know the folds and sequences, you can fold without really having to
concentrate that much.
I also like to work with clay or simple beading projects while listening to
books. Another craft you might consider is weaving or mekrame, using
anything from 2 to 8 or more strands of rope, cord, etc. etc. One can make
stuff like belts, bracelets, headbands, dog ropes or toys, and much more.
Once again, welcome, and feel free to ask away.
Lindy