[Nfb-krafters-korner] an idea!!!!

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Aug 27 17:36:49 UTC 2013

You did put this thought in my head going back in the beginning of summer,
so here it is.

In a message dated 8/27/2013 12:05:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gary.brewer at comcast.net writes:

Well,  this is something. I have been thinking about asking you to do a
class on  these wreathes. I have a bunch of scrap fabrics from my neighbor and
I thought  it would be a perfect way to use them. I just never got around to
asking you.

So I am thrilled. Didn't you say hemming the strips made a nicer  wreathe?

Thanks for getting in my head and doing what I dream of.
Henrietta
On Aug 27, 2013, at 11:46 AM, Blindhands at aol.com  wrote:

> OK sending out an email to our new friend on the list, the  light bulb
> suddenly went on.
>
> So I am letting  everyone know right now about this class I will be
teaching
> in  October.  So you can get your supplies and you have a choice with
how
> you want to do this.  The class will begin on October  10 and be for 2
weeks.

> We will be making a I want to  call it " Country Wreath".  Here is a
little
> twist for all  of you.  It can be made for Halloween or the Fall  [Great
>  Thanksgiving gift].  You will need 8 or 10 inch  Brass or  metal
ring[like what
> we used for the Christmas candy wreath],  might as well get a few  of
them
> so we can sit around and do  another class on making the candy  wreath.
Do
> not get any  larger ring then above.
>
> OK back on topic...
>
>  You will need [this will make more then one wreath] 5 or 6  different
> prints of Halloween or Fall fabrics half a yard each.and 3/8 yard of  a
> coordinating color fabric to make a bow.
>
> Now  here is where you need to plan ahead...  The printed fabric only
not
> the bow fabric] needs to be cut into 2 1/2 inch strips.   Here are your
> choices:
> 1. You can cut these yourself  .  There are tools you can purchase to  do
> this which can  range from a pair of sharp scissors to rotary cutter,
cutting
>  board and guide tool [approx. $70 or more], Accuquilt plus die [approx
$275]
> 2. You can purchase the 2 1/2 inch strips from Keepsake  Quilting.   They
> have theme packs.
> 3. You can  purchase the fabric from your local places as places that
carry
>  fabric [Joann's, WalMart, local quilt shops] and send your fabric with a

> self  addressed stamped envelope inside to me.  I will cut  your strips
and I
> will  keep 1 strip from each of your fabrics  for myself for cutting your
> strips and  mail it back to  you.  From 1/2 yard piece of fabric you
should get
> at  least  6 strips maybe 7 strips from 1/2 yards  Please include your
bow
> fabric if  you decide to send it to me.  It is always  good to put a
small
> amouhnt of  the bow fabric in the wreath to  coordinate it.
>
> I may consider making up kits if you all  really want me to.
>
> We will be creating a rag,  I don't  like calling it "Rag" wreath, as  we
> are using new, crisp,  nicely cut fabric and going to tie them to the
ring.
> You  will need a pair of scissors[sharp enough to cut fabric] as you
will be
> cutting the strips to make the proper lengths.
>
> For  those of you who might poke around on the internet for directions on

> this, be ware the size strips they recommend are not long enough to  tie
and
> look  good.  I learned the hard way.
>
> Joyce  Kane
> _www.KraftersKorner.org_  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)