[Nfb-krafters-korner] crafting essentials to have on hand, relating to beading

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Fri Dec 6 22:06:44 UTC 2013

Hi all

I will be going to Michaels some time this weekend and want to make the most
out of this trip. Along with looking at potential storage for beads and
other such supplies, I will probably buy some more yarn to just have on hand
for my loom knitting and crocheting endeavors.

However, I was wondering in reguards to beading If there are things that one
should always have on hand. I am a beginner and plan to take the upcoming
classes in this, but I was planning on teaching myself some things in the
meantime and maybe doing a few projects. I have a pair of good wire cutters
and some plires which I'm pretty sure are needed in most things of this
nature. I have also ordered some earring hooks and jump rings, which should
come in handy.

However, relating specifically to beads and wire, is there any recommended
things to buy and always have on hand? Or is it more like buying as you
encounter projects? I'd like to be as efficient as I can while still having
the freedom of choosing what projects I would like to do. Also, is there
anything I'm missing here in reguards to this craft?

Thanks