[Nfb-krafters-korner] survey for students

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Sun Dec 8 18:46:09 UTC 2013

1.  What type of class interests you the most?
b. email

2. Could you attend a telephone class?
C. It would depend. I find it more helpful and easier for me to process
written instructions and work at my own pace, like the email classes. It is
sometimes difficult as well to fit phone classes into my schedule, and
sometimes I do not know if I can attend the calss until that day. However,
if there was a phone class that I had signed up for, I would make an effort
to ensure my attendance.

Out of country folks:

Please use Eastern daylight savings time.
3.  What times would you be willing to participate in a class [that  runs 1
hour]?  Can you please include what time it is in your area,  too?

4.  If a class was offfered both telephone and email, but not at the  same
time, how much time lapse between these 2 types of classes would you think
is good?
c. 3 months

5. A repeat of a class  is always a consideration at Krafters  Korner.
This is totally up to our members and their interest.  It  takes only one of
you to ask for a repeat and chat it up on the list.

What timeing would be good before a repeat class?
a. 1 year

6.  for a repeat class:

Would you prefer a repeat of the exact same class?
b. no

Would you prefer a repeat of information with a different project to work
on?
a. yes

Would you likely take a repeat class that you already had taken if it had a
different project, but taught the same thing as the first class?
a. yes

7. Do you think our list is too busy?

b. no
c. good for all the information that is exchanged

8.  How do you think the Krafters Korner can get new members to participate
and join?

I think that we need to publicize this devision. From my perspective, the
most well known devisions in the NFB have gained this status because of
publications and other activities that they have done. For example, the
parents devision has the future reflections magazine, and the student
devision has the Student Slate. We could also get recognition from doing
more activities at convention. I always see emails around convention time
about the Sports and Rec devision. I think the craft show that is done is
similar to this. Maybe we could have more activities throughout the week of
convention. In terms of publications, we could maybe do the list as said
before as a fundraiser. Fundraisers could also spread the word and publicity
of Krafters Korner. I was also thinking of maybe publishing a introduction
for the blind crafter. This guide could maybe contain member testimonials,
as well as how to get started and info for the devision. We could maybe get
NBP or a similar agency to publish it and sell it in their bookstore.

 9.  How did you learn about Krafters Korner?
I was looking on the listserve page of nfbnet and found this list completely
by accident.
10 What can each member [YOU] do to get new members? Please details would be
helpful.
I think that  word of mouth would probably be the best on an individual
scale. If there is a class on knitting and your friend who is not on this
list knits or wants to learn, encourage them to join just for that class.
This could draw in some more people.

Please take the time to answer these questions.  It will help us to  plan
and consider your suggestions for booking classes for 214.

1.  What type of class interests you the most?
a. telephone
b. email

2. Could you attend a telephone class?
a. yes
b. no

Out of country folks:

Please use Eastern daylight savings time.
3.  What times would you be willing to participate in a class [that  runs 1
hour]?  Can you please include what time it is in your area,  too?

4.  If a class was offfered both telephone and email, but not at the  same
time, how much time lapse between these 2 types of classes would you think
is good?
a. a month
b. 2 months
c. 3 months
4. 6 months

5. A repeat of a class  is always a consideration at Krafters  Korner.
This is totally up to our members and their interest.  It  takes only one of
you to ask for a repeat and chat it up on the list.

What timeing would be good before a repeat class?
a. 1 year
b. less then 2 years
c. more then 2 years

[...]

7.