[Nfb-krafters-korner] crafts for sighted children

Shelbi Hindel shelbiah1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 15:09:53 UTC 2013

Here is my view on this topic. If the craft can be done by a blind parent
with a blind child it can also be done by a sighted child. My 2 children are
sighted. My son is not interested in crafts. My daughter is and she has done
the origami, bead earrings, and pumpkin loom knitting. Maybe I have the
wrong idea about a child as my daughter, Aliyah just turned 13 on December
3.I should consider her a young lady now but since she is my youngest that
is a difficult adjustment for me. I love doing these things with her.

Shelbi

P.S. I think we do need to keep our focus on blindness with the realization
that the majority of people are sighted.