[Nfb-krafters-korner] Responses to the survey for students

Dixie cobaltblueheron at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 13:59:08 UTC 2013

1.  What type of class interests you the most?
a. telephone
b. email

Can I have  a C option?  I like both kinds of classes.

2. Could you attend a telephone class?
a. yes

Out of country folks:

Please use Eastern daylight savings time.
3.  What times would you be willing to participate in a class [that  runs 1
hour]?  Can you please include what time it is in your area,  too?
classes anytime from about 10 AM Eastern Time, until 10 PM Eastern work for
me.

4.  If a class was offfered both telephone and email, but not at the  same
time, how much time lapse between these 2 types of classes would you think
is good?
a. a month

5. A repeat of a class  is always a consideration at Krafters  Korner.
This is totally up to our members and their interest.  It  takes only one of

you to ask for a repeat and chat it up on the list.

What timeing would be good before a repeat class?
a. 1 year
Or even 6 months.  I think that sometimes the beginner classes to get new
crafters up and running maybe need to be held more often than once a year.

6.  for a repeat class:

Would you prefer a repeat of the exact same class?
b. no

Would you prefer a repeat of information with a different project to work
on?
a. yes

Would you likely take a repeat class that you already had taken if it had a
 different project, but taught the same thing as the first class?
a. yes

7. Do you think our list is too busy?

c. good for all the information that is exchanged

If the traffic is too much for a person's inbox that individual can always
put themselves on digest and get the messages all bundled into one message.

Of course, changing subject lines is also key for people to know what the
topic at hand is, as well as being able to retrieve needed messages from the
archives.

8.  How do you think the Krafters Korner can get new members to
participate and join?

I think educating the educators as to the availability of this resource is a
good start.  If the rehab councilors know of KK, they can publicize it to
their students.

Has any reaching out to Hadley been done?  How about places like the Carrol
center?

9.  How did you learn about Krafters Korner?

Word of mouth. Dear sweet Becky and the fluffasauras told me about this
group!

10 What can each member [YOU] do to get new members? Please details would
be helpful.

Any time I hear about someone who is blind and crafts, or wants to better
his or her skills at a craft I mention this invaluable resource.
I think also just the mention of what we have done, what we have learned in
our casual conversations highlights KK in our everyday lives.

I join crafters groups, like my spinning group, my knitting group, and I
submit my crafts to our church fair.  Inevitably the questions come up, "How
do you do that?"  You know being blind and all, I should be helpless, right?
Sarcastic grin.  Anyway, I mention how a big group of blind folks from all
over the country, and across the globe, take classes together over the phone
to learn all these cool crafts!

Now that I think of it, I really need to get that safety pin church finished
for the next craft fair!

Merry Christmas!
Dixie
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling
clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the
inn.
 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping
watch over their flock by night.
 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord
shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good
tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is
Christ the Lord.
 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in
swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host
praising God, and saying,
 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn10FF-FQfs

And, that is what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown

---