[Nfb-krafters-korner] survey response

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Tue Dec 10 01:43:25 UTC 2013

1.  What type of class interests you the most?

a. telephone
b. email

Never taken a class yet.  For beginners I think there should be telephone classes to ask questions.  Immediate feedback from questions is really helpful.  I also learn beside  when I’m doing and hearing  how it’s done .  Later pehpas email would be ok, but not for the beginners like me. I think it depends on the craft too.  Some things like the plate craft I sent would easily  be understood in an email for the most part.

2. Could you attend a telephone class?

a. yes—depends on time of day and  day of the week.  Thursdays are out.

b. no

Out of country folks:

Please use Eastern daylight savings time.

3.  What times would you be willing to participate in a class [that  runs 1
hour]?  Can you please include what time it is in your area,  too?
N/A

4.  If a class was offered both telephone and email, but not at the same
time, how much time lapse between these 2 types of classes would you think
is good?

a. a month -- If a beginning class and then a similar class working on the same skills  was an email class that would help us improve our skills.

b. 2 months

c. 3 months

D. 6 months

5 A repeat of a class is always a consideration at Krafters  Korner.

This is totally up to our members and their interest.  It  takes only one of
you to ask for a repeat and chat it up on the list.

What timing would be good before a repeat class?

a. 1 year

B. less than two years because  there will always be newbies who need the beginner classes.  These classes need to be offered more than once a year to keep beginners from losing interest while waiting for their beginner class.

c. more then 2 years

Would you prefer a repeat of information with a different project to work
on?

a. yes  anything that helps us new people improve our skills.  Maybe like an intermediate phase could be added?  I’m thinking about knitting, crocheting, pottery, or basket classes.  Beading is more about style and pattern after you figure out how to  use the wire and keep the beads on right?

7.  I lost most of the question but I  do think subject lines need to be changes.  I would be easier to tell what  craft  topic we’re talking about and perhaps we can send it out in digest form rather than in an immediate send format that would be nice.  Then I can change the subject line and copy the message I want to respond or  answer in the  body. 50 emails to find the one I want to respond to or answer is troublesome.  This might cut down on repeat answers.  Not to say that people’s ides, opinions, etc. aren’t interesting.  Sometimes the third response to an answer is similar but  explains something clearer.  I just don’t like sitting for an hour trying to figure out all the connections to these scattered messages between the  bank statement, Kohl’s ads and  other  stuff.

Did I miss anything else?  I’m sorry if I  accidentally deleted part of the survey.  Now you see why email classes aren’t so good for me!

Ericka Short

lman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/ericka.short%40wi.rr.com
Ericka J. Short
262-697-0510

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13

"No hand is too small or too big to do good in this world." EJ. Short