[Nfb-krafters-korner] introduction

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Mon Dec 30 04:01:00 UTC 2013

Hi Ashley, and it is good to have you on the list.

I myself am a student in high school who got involved with art in general at a young age, but not into finer arts of crafting until a few months ago.
What I've found it is pretty easy to squeeze time for crafting in. I do it while reading, watching, and I crocheted a dish cloth while at the general session of my state convention.

Here at the Krafters Korner we have lots of different classes in a variety of different crafts. I'd encourage you to look at the current classes, as well as the past classes. You pay $10 for a classes up until July. You can even try out your first class for free before paying.
There are phone classes where those who have signed up for the class will call in on a special conference line and the teacher will teach on the phone, and there are email classes where the teacher will send emails with class direction to a list,.
Either way, there Is a lot of room for discussion and help along the way.
I'm not sure, but there may be clay that you can buy that you could fire in your own oven, but I'd have to look into that.
This is pure personal recommendation but I would get familiar with looms and crocheting before trying knitting, because I find it easier to work with the individual stitches in crocheting and loom knitting, and in crocheting you get the experience of only having to work with one stitch at a time, verses with knitting where you have to do the whole row before finding a mistake.
Once you get the hang of them, I find knitting and crocheting to be very relaxing, but again that is just me and I remember in the beginning ripping out many rows in frustration.
What I like about this list is that there is always something to learn, and there are a lot of really nice and inspirational people who are willing to help.
Don't hesitate to email with any questions, and welcome to the list.