[Nfb-krafters-korner] ripping back

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Feb 4 22:54:59 UTC 2013

Well folks, it depends on how you rip back and how well you pick up
stitches.    That will determine how fast you can do it.  If  you rip one stitch
at a time and you need to say go back 10 rows to pick up  that dropped
stitch-if you don't have many stitches in a row then it will go  fast.

If you pull your needles totally out and rip back those 10 rows by  pulling
it out that goes fast, but if you had say a bunch of stitches in a row  and
you now need to pick each stitch up -[may I suggest you use a needle 1 or 2
 sizes smaller then what you were using][this works better].  It is  easier
as it is smaller and if any of the stitches get pulled a little it helps
as the needle goes in easier.  If you pick up the stitches going right to
left [Knit] remember when you go to knit them you need to take them off your
needle and twist the yarn and put them back on.  You will understand the
need of this as the yarn is twisted wrong.

Another way of doing this [this is the way I like to do it] after you take
your needles out and pull back an extra row below the dropped stitch [this
is  where all your stitches feel even] on the knit side starting at the
stitch your  working yarn is coming out of   working left to right put your
needle into  the stitch that the working yarn is in [put in to the stich not the
loop of the  knitting yarn and with your needle in the stich pull on the
working yarn.   This un knits that stitch.  now do the same thing one at a
time going to  the right until you undo the row.  All the stitches are
correctly  facing in the crrect direction so you can start knitting.  If you are a
tight knitter then you really need to use a smaller needle to do this as it
will  make your life easier.

In a message dated 2/2/2013 6:30:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,