[Nfb-krafters-korner] NeedleSize for Double Basketweave

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Thu Feb 7 13:38:16 UTC 2013

I have looked and I used size 8 knitting  needles for the scarves I have
made - I made about 6 at this time.

Also, I used that size 8 for both the Worsted Weight yarn and the Fingering
or Sport Weight yarns.

Worsted Scarf will measure 6 inches wide at the widest part of the pattern.

Sport or Fingering Yarn will measure 4 1/2 inches wide at the widest part of
the pattern.

Both retain the wonderful texture of this pattern perfectly. I would use
only a solid color for maximum pattern effects. I think if you choose a
patterned or painted yarn, it will make a lot of the detail vanish.

The beauty of this pattern is that the edges are very fluid and undulating -
not rigid and sharp like a traditional basketweave pattern.  The edges go in
and out like soft waves on the beach. This, combined with the very dynamic
patterning of the scarf, make it truly stunning. I think you'll like it as
much as I do. Let me know what you think of it if you make it.

I have another one on the needles right now, using Red Heart Sport Weight
yarn - and it is so nice and soft.

Happy knitting.
Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976