[Nfb-krafters-korner] Visualization & Color - creative or crazy

Deidre Muccio deimucc at verizon.net
Sun Feb 17 15:47:35 UTC 2013

Linda and others
There has been a lot written about this type of phenomenon in those who have
lost their sight. With RP, I too have been through a lot of this. At this
point, the longer I have been without even a scrap of vision, the more bland
my dreams and other mental states reflect anything resembling what I used to
see. On the other hand, the senses overlap, so with everything I hear or
touch, it's as if I am seeing it; it gets mapped out, perhaps even more
practically than with vision. Only thing is that the silent views of a
dancer or actress on stage, or mountain peaks in the distance, will forever
be lost on me, whereas I may be the only one who perceives the crackle in
distant grass or a dog bark miles away.
		Things all around us make an impression. You can't imagine
how often I have had to tell people "I am conscious" in response to their
screaming out "stop, "there is a curb coming up" as they see me briskly
trucking up the street.