[Nfb-krafters-korner] learn to knit cables on looms

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 02:27:52 UTC 2013

Hi all,

In the loomed poncho class I attended tonight folks were asking what
supplies they would need for my class. Unfortunately, the class is not
available for sign up yet, but I can give you a heads up on what you will
need. I am so excited to share this new and interesting loom yarn twist with
you!

Knitting cables on looms

In this class you will learn a number of cabling techniques that will enable
you to make more decorative hats, scarves, shawls, or throws on looms. you
will be making a sampler to show you how these cables look and how easy they
are to make. I have a part two of this class planned for February where we
will learn more challenging cableing techniques. This will prepare you for
my March class where I will teach you how to make a hat with cables on the
loom. this pattern is my own creation and my hat is completed and you will
love it, well unless you live way down south! Then you must send it to a
northerner for next winter!

Friday Jan 11 & 18 at 8 PM

Supplies needed,

One skein of  five or six ply yarn with some stretch to it, something with
some wool content.

(cables show up better with stretchy yarn)

A loom with twelve or more pegs.

A cable needle (this is the same kind used for knitting with needles, it is
shaped like a capital J)

Enthusiasm!

The more I learn, the more I want to learn!

Cathy