[Nfb-krafters-korner] Poncho Classmates

Karen butterfly05 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 10 12:26:45 UTC 2013

Okay, so after knitting off the first panel last night I think this is
correct but just want to check. What I have here is a bit of a trapezoid
shape.

The stitch marker on peg 39 is to remember to measure 17 inches of knitting
from peg 39 and not peg 1, which will be much longer.

When 17 inches is reached, the decrease begins. It's not taking off stitches
as I first thought, rather it's reducing stitches. A stitch marker is
helpful here as every other row is reduced by three. So I placed a marker on
36 to start. Knit 1-36, 36-1, 1-33, 33-1, etc and moved the stitch marker
each time I knit back.

I ended the last set of three on peg 1 and bound off the entire piece 1-39
with a flat bind off.

Does this sound right or is there something I'm missing?

I have about 4 inches of the 17 on the second panel so now is a good time to
ask. LOL

Also, does anyone know if this is a v-neck? Just wondering how this gets
sewn as haven't seen the instructions for that yet.

Karen