[Nfb-krafters-korner] KISS Looms

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 21:45:50 UTC 2013

Hi Beverly,

You didn't say whether you bought a round or long loom. this will help me
know which projects to recommend that you start working on first. in
general, a hat is the easiest project on a round loom and a scarf is the
easiest project for a long loom.

As for how to knit over the loop, you can use your hook that came with your
loom, or as I did when I first began to loom knit, use your fingers to grip
the loop and bring it over the peg and drop it into the center of the loom
to form the stitch. This is true of either the round or long loom.

About the yarn. You mentioned that you had worsted weight yarn and then said
you had 8 and needed six. I wonder if you may be confused about the yarn
weights. Worsted weight yarn is a 4-ply yarn, bulky weight yarn is a 5-ply,
while super-bulky weight is a 6-ply. There is no 8-ply yarn that I know of.
So for your first project a six-ply yarn is preferred, and as Joyce
mentioned the wool-ease thick and quick is great because it is quite
stretchy. When you first begin looming, you may find that you wrap your pegs
too tight and so when you attempt to pull your loop over to knit it off of
the peg, it is almost impossible. But with a stretchy yarn, this difficulty
is minimized to some extent.

Remember also to check that your stitches are loose after knitting them
before wrapping again. start with the loop closest to the working yarn and
loosen that loop, then the previous loop and so on.

Do you understand how to eWrap the pegs?
If you have further questions, just let us know.

Cathy