[Nfb-krafters-korner] Mittens, Mittens, Mittens

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sat Jan 19 05:37:47 UTC 2013

What do you think?  I am going to be teaching a loom mitten class in
March.  I know you might not be thinking of mittens in March, but I have  known
some days in March and even in April that you needed mittens up here in  New
England.

Now I am giving it some thought and I need your input here do you think I
should do a mitten class on knitting needles in April?  I actually   use 2
circular knitting needles to do my mittens without seams.  Want to  learn?  I
like mittens as they are a small project, not hot laying on  you.  I can do
one mitten in an evening.  a pair in 2 days.  We  can even do a cable with
knitting needles going up the back of the  mittens.  I have done these
mittens for kids age 4 and up and with a few  changes you can make them for any
size.  This is my pattern and I will  share how to adjust it.  For those who
are interested in the knitted mitten  class I have made them in a single
strand of worstered weight, 2 strands of  worstered weight held together and
the bulky thick and quick yarn.  I use 2  size 8 -16 inche circular knitting
needles and one circular makes a wonderful  hat in the round for any size
from toddler to adult.[another  of my  patterns].