[Nfb-krafters-korner] bracelet successfully completed

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 00:51:50 UTC 2013

hi Jill,

I wanted to let you know that I successfully completed my cobra braid bracelet. once I got the hang of it, I asked Valerie if she would like me to make her a silver bracelet. she said yes, that she liked silver. so next day I gave her the completed bracelet. she was genuinely happy with it and thanked me. it makes me feel so good that she likes the things I make for her. I wasn't certain whether a 22-year-old would like the bracelet or wether it was more for younger kids, burt apparently it works for her. I don't know any other kids to make bracelets for unfortunately. I would make one for myself but I believe that this cord I have would irritate the skin on my wrist, so not sure I will make another one for me. I have been considering making the braid as the hanger for the Xmas stocking though and will suggest it to the group then. well, that is, if I remember to do so.

so thanks again for teaching me a new skill. if you learn more knotting techniques I would enjoy learning more of them. I did macrame years ago using that book in braille by Ann Porter, but don't remember the knots or patterns and don't have a source for the book. but the book was explanatory enough that I was able to teach myself. sorry, don't remember the name of the book, but Terry has a copy of it. she offered to read it to some one to transcribe onto the computer, but gee, that would be quite a project, so think I'll pass on that one.

in other news I am going to get windows 7 next week upgrading from XP and so have been busy backing up my data. it is quite a project. meanwhile I am also learning win7 and office 2010 from the sight center. so I have been busy with that. but while my computer is being worked on I will still have my Mac to use and won't have to sell it back till my win7 is up and running.

spent two hours out weeding this evening, got a lot done. I planned to pick some spearmint for drying, but it  is close to sundown now and the bugs are biting, so I've quit for tonight.

so what's new with you? how are your family?

later.

Cathy