[Nfb-krafters-korner] A new idea for braille pictures

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 22:02:23 UTC 2013

Another way to make tactile pictures is to get a board covered with screen
and draw with a stylus.  The lines are on the bottom of the ppaper.  With
practice you can make pretty good drawings.  I bought screen boards from the
Independence Market, but they are doubtless available elsewhere.

A P H sells velcro kits with removable pieces that can also be placed in
designs to make illustrations that are quite useful.  I have seen them used
for teaching street plans and what appears on computer screens.  This isn't
really artistic, but good for instruction.  The screen drawings could be
come artistic if someone wished to develop skill.  Then you could add
colored drawings, as well. Light weight paper, such as copy paper,  is as
good as heavier paper. My ten-year-old granddaughter made a drawing that is
both tactile and visual for the bulletin board for our BELL program starting
next week.  She is the best artist of my four grandchildren, and I think
pretty good.

Ramona

Ramona