[Nfb-krafters-korner] Loom Hat Help Needed

Barb Roland barbwire59 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 17:10:55 UTC 2013

Henry, first question for you, will you be adding a brim? If so then a rolling edge will be no problem and you could do all rows in true knit, if not, and you don't want the edge to roll, I would do a few rows of garter, knit one row, purl one row, I would say 4 - 6 rows, and yes your knit rows can be all true knit. Or you could do a 2x2 rib stitch, knit 2 pegs, purl 2 pegs for the same amount of rows.

I would not combine the true knit with the enwrap, the true knit will give you a tighter stitch than the enwrap, and on that note, with the tighter stitch you will have less stretch, therefore you may want to use the 40 peg loom for an adult hat unless the wearer has an extremely small head.

For the pointed top, do a search for santa hat or pixie hat. I'm on my way out the door but will look for some info on these this evening. I know I've seen patterns and some of my fb groups have done them

Hope this helps, will check back in later,
Barb