[Nfb-krafters-korner] looking for jewelry teacher

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 18:24:34 UTC 2013

Okay, okay, okay, okay. I'll do it!

I make beaded jewelry. I've been wanting to step up to the plate and
teach a class or two but haven't thought through what to teach.

I need an excuse to get back into making jewelry anyways.

I primarily have worked with glass beads and semi-precious stones.
Most of my work is one-of-a-kind and I make the piece to suit a
particular person. However, I have several bracelets, and even
necklaces I have made that I have duplicated multiple times.

I need to think very carefully about how to implement a class though.
I use crimp beads and crimping tools to bind off a piece of jewelry
and occasionally a little glue to make it stick. There's a lot of
little things needed to do jewelry so I need to consider what is the
easiest and prettiest thing to teach.

You've twisted my arm. And, I'm open to ideas of what folks would like
to learn: stretchy bracelets, single or double stranded bracelets,
neckalaces?, etc.

LM