[Nfb-krafters-korner] Keep the kids busy for the summer

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Mon Jun 24 01:46:35 UTC 2013

HI to everyone,
Well, tomorrow is the night. Let's bring some ideas that have worked in your house. How about a recipe the kids in your life have learned to make?

Here is one I found this summer that the kids are enjoying to make here.

Strawberry cream cake

Place a bit of cool whip in a nine by nine pan.

Next put a layer of graham crackers  and another layer of cool whip.

Then add sliced strawberries.

The recipe says to layer this three times. My layers must have been pretty large we only get about two layers in our pan.

End up with strawberries and then for the fun part.

Melt some chocolate chips in a baggie, Mush all the melted chocolate to one corner and cut a small opening. Use the melted chocolate to make a design on the cake.
 refrigerate for an hour or so.

Now for the tricky part:  Serve the dessert without stealing the chocolate design from the top. lol

Henrietta