[Nfb-krafters-korner] Plarning everyone will be going

nancy yeager nancyyeager542 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 25 19:32:11 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I have been off list since shortly after the Plarn class because my computer
stopped working.  I am back on-line finally and want to thank those of you
who joined the plarn class.  It was nice to get to know you better.

To answer Joyce's question, plarn strips work best if they are approximately
1 inch wide.  I measured my first strip using a ruler.  After that, I simply
estimated the width as I cut.  Some of the strips were a little crooked.
Before unfolding a crooked strip, I just trimmed the edge until it felt
straight.  I missed some of my crooked loops, however, so just added them to
my plarn.  As I crocheted, I found that loops of slightly different widths
worked fine.  On the other hand, crooked loops, where part of the edge stuck
out from the strand, sometimes stuck out when crocheted, making my work a
little sloppy.

As a final thought, I used tall kitchen trash bags instead of grocery bags
to make my plarn.  Trash bags are bigger, so you get more loops per bag.
The downside is that trash bag plastic is a little thicker than grocery
bags.  I found crocheting with it a little hard on the fingers.