[Nfb-krafters-korner] Plarning everyone will be going

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Jun 25 21:59:03 UTC 2013

I was wondering what happen to you after the class.  You went  quiet.

Glad you are bacjk!

In a message dated 6/25/2013 3:32:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nancyyeager542 at verizon.net writes:

Hi  All,

I have been off list since shortly after the Plarn class because  my
computer
stopped working.  I am back on-line finally and want to  thank those of you
who joined the plarn class.  It was nice to get to  know you better.

To answer Joyce's question, plarn strips work best if  they are
approximately
1 inch wide.  I measured my first strip using a  ruler.  After that, I
simply
estimated the width as I cut.  Some  of the strips were a little crooked.
Before unfolding a crooked strip, I  just trimmed the edge until it felt
straight.  I missed some of my  crooked loops, however, so just added them
my plarn.  As I  crocheted, I found that loops of slightly different widths
worked  fine.  On the other hand, crooked loops, where part of the edge
stuck
out from the strand, sometimes stuck out when crocheted, making my  work a
little sloppy.

As a final thought, I used tall kitchen trash  bags instead of grocery bags
to make my plarn.  Trash bags are bigger,  so you get more loops per bag.
The downside is that trash bag plastic is a  little thicker than grocery
bags.  I found crocheting with it a little  hard on the fingers.