[Nfb-krafters-korner] July chats

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 02:48:05 UTC 2013

hi all,

hmm, my guess is that the chats that Joyce announced this afternoon were for July not June. <smile> just thought I'd mention this, though it may be obvious. so mark your July calendar for those chats on the 21st and 29th. I personally will be interested to hear what folks found of interest at the exhibit hall in the convention.when I went to a convention years ago, that was one of the highlights for me. it was really neat to simply wander around and go up to a table and say, "hey, what is at this table?" I mean where else can a blind person walk up and ask such a question without getting an awkward response? . instead  the person who answered was not all confused and embarrassed, instead they simply told me exactly what table I was at and asked me what they could hand me to check out  I mean wow, that is my kind of place to shop! what fun I had. it sounds from the table set up I've read about,  that there will be tons of interesting tables to visit.
I remember last year I felt all left out thinking that I was the only one not going to convention, but others reassured me that they also did not go. so I felt better  because of this experience, I wanted to reassure anyone who might feel that way that you are not alone, there are lots of us still around. however, if you don't hear from us, we may be busy with other things. but I will be around checking in with the list.

Cathy