[Nfb-krafters-korner] Diagnosis please

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Fri Mar 1 19:30:35 UTC 2013

I also do a lot of hand and forearm exercises at the gym every other day.
When I do my upper body workouts, I also do many reps on the hand and arm
machines - about 3 sets of 20 for each of the exercises. This builds the
muscles that are required to do our knitting. That is now why I do them
though. I am a weight lifter, and it's important for my hands and forearms
to be very strong so I can lift weights. But, it sure does help with the
knitting as well.

If the muscles get sore, then I recommend icing them. You can purchase an
Ice Wrap, and use it on your sore tissues - about 20 minutes at a time. Do
this several times per day. This is how I goT RID of Tennis Elbow after 2
years of ineffective treatments and painful shots that do not work for very
long.  The shots just mask the pain, but they do not heal the problem. The
ice wraps completely healed my arm/elbow and after 2 years nothing has
returned. The ice reduces the swelling and allows the blood to flow back
into those sore muscles and a lack of blood flow is what makes it hurt so
much.

Lynda
Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976