[Nfb-krafters-korner] cabled scarf and hat, choosing colors

Sarah Sykes sarahmsykes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 19:33:41 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

Yes, Cathy, you did a good job summarizing my answers to your very
excellent questions. I would add, though, that most tweed yarns are
actually OK to use with cables. The only time I avoid variegated yarns with
cables is where it gets too much horizontal striping or streaking that
fights with my up and down cables, or when the yarn is so speckled that the
stitch detail is difficult to see.

If anyone would like to know if a particular color choice is good for
cabling, and if you can provide me with specific details, preferably a
link, I would be willing to answer your individual questions on this topic.
Please do feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to give you a
well-rounded opinion.

Cheers,

--
Sarah M Sykes