[Nfb-krafters-korner] grumpy skeins of yarn

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Mar 28 20:00:11 UTC 2013

How about tips to help skeins of yarn not be so grumpy.

I have had large pounders, to small few ouncers, act grumpy, tangle, knot
etc.

If a knot comes out the first thing I do is shake it.  The yarn before the
knot and after the knot I shake and it will usually untangle itself. If it
doesn't there wil be a little loop near the top of the knot near where you
are pulling the yarn out to make your item. Just gently work the yarn with
your fingers and it will untangle. Sometime near that top loop is a peace of
yarn wrapped around the knot. Just unloosen that loop and the tangle former
knot will come out.

I have heard that some people kind of pull the skein before using it to
loosen, I assume the fibers. I have not tried this.  .

There is always pulling the yarn from the outside of a skein.

There is always roling the yarn in a ball.

I am working from a pounder of baby yarn from the middle.So far no tangles,
just one knot joining yarn done in the factory.

Any more ideas how to deal with yarn tangles?

Warm smiles,

Becky and Jake