[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet Easter egg pattern

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 29 02:23:35 UTC 2013

Hi Kathy --
Well, I never did get a good idea what the magic ring was supposed to look
like.  I just made up my own foundation, hoping it was really a magic loop.
It seems as if the results are the same.
The first egg I made turned out a bit lopsided.  That was because I didn't
use any stitch markers, and didn't count very well.  I think I will open it
up and insert a squeaky toy for my dog.
I did it again today, and it turned out great -- a nice firm, well formed
egg.
It's a cute idea, but I am wondering what these eggs could be used for.  My
mother thought I could use it as a pin cushion for larger items like
knitting needles or crochet hooks.
The dog likes them.  But I don't like dog slobber on something iI have put a
lot of work into.
I was thinking that you could wrap a package of a marshmellow chick in the
fiber stuffing and insert it in when the egg is being completed.  That way
it could be used in the children's egg hunts...but then again, that would
make it hard to take out the chick without raveling the egg.
That makes me think of a toy for an infant -- colorful orbs that the baby
could throw without hurting anything.
Happy krafting all!
--le