[Nfb-krafters-korner] winder

slery slerythema at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 08:18:27 UTC 2013

I cam across some videos that showed color work on a knitting machine.
Honestly, I can't see that it would save any time over simply knitting with
needles. From everything that I have seen on machines, they are good for
single (or simple stripes) in stockinette. The fiddling you have to do with
stitches to change yarns and patterns looks like it would take longer than
simply working with multiple strands of yarn on your needles. This is based
on a sighted person and I think it might be even more fiddly as a blind
person because you would need to count more stitches than simply seeing
where color changes would occur.

This is all my opinion. It also doesn't look like it would be any easier on
something that has arthritis or some other reason that makes knitting with
needles difficult.

Cindy S.

rg/sunshine817
%40cox.net