[Nfb-krafters-korner] learning to spin places to go

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 15:29:03 UTC 2013

I have arranged at a yarn get together[knitting group] to have someone come
 and talk and teach yarn spinning using a drop spindle.  I have gone to a
unique place in Bridgeport [Blood Root Restaurant] and had a lesson with a
drop  spindle and was encouraged their by the instructor to spin on  her
spinning wheel.

Practice is the key to it all.  I didn't have plans on putting my  money
into a spinning wheel, but was interested in learning about  spinning.  There
is several groups in CT that are spinners that I know  about, too.

Dixie, there is a fairly new group that meets in Milford, CT once a month
that I get notices as it began thru a knitting group that meets weekely in
my town.

So if you have any interest, dig around and look up spinning and weaving
guild in your state.  The weavers guild in my state offers rentals and the
loan of different weaving looms too.

In a message dated 3/30/2013 12:14:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,