[Nfb-krafters-korner] Loom project sizes and questions

Barb Roland barbwire59 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 12:12:55 UTC 2013

LM, to measure the length of my piece I take and place the end of my tape measure inside the loom as even with the bottom of a peg as I can get.
If doing a flat panel you want to be sure and measure along the right or left edge.

For the width, that will depend on several things, your yarn, your stitch pattern, your tension, the best way to figure this out will be to do a swatch.

Can you create holes, oh yes you can!, I'm sure there is more than one way but what comes to mind right now is if knitting in the round, when you come to where you need to create your opening you would start doing a flat panel and when your hole is the size you need, start in the round again.
Now if your knitting a flat panel front, then a back and will seam them later, there is a different way to create the opening.

Hope that helps.
Barb