[Nfb-krafters-korner] response to questions from Rene: (no subject)

Deb Trevino debra_trevino at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 15 01:28:41 UTC 2013

Hi Rene,

a knitting machine looks like a long piece of plastic with lots of latch
hooks coming off the front of it.  The yarn is pulled through loops, as in
knitting, by moving a carriage from left to right across the latch hooks.
The carriage has a groove in its center which holds the yarn in position so
that it can be caught in each latch (or needle) as it passes from side to
side.  The basic product is a fabric which is stockinette stitch.  Hope this
helps.