[Nfb-krafters-korner] Crocheting, loom knitting, knitting, beadwork, and misc other things

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Sat Nov 16 17:25:42 UTC 2013

Hello all

I have been working on my crocheting skills over the past couple months. I
would consider myself a beginner to intermediate crocheter; I can
comfortably work the chain, slip, single, half double, double, treble, and
double trebble crochet stitches. A patern that I have been working on has
also required picket loops be made, which I can do. Is this an appropriate
classification of my skills?

Also with what I can do, what are some appropriate things I should be
learning to do/what should I be able to make? I am hoping to make most of my
Christmas presents that I will be giving through crocheting, so what are
some good things for that? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have also been thinking about getting back into knitting. I have tried
several times and have lost patience too quickly. Is it easier to knit once
you know how to crochet? Also, which one is harder, knitting or crocheting?

I also want to get more into beading and loom knitting. I have purchased the
set of four knifty knitter round looms and the square 4 peg loom. I have
made hats and scarves on these using the stitch where you just wrap around
the pegs and pull the bottom loop over the peg. Where should I start by
getting myself more involved with this craft?

I also want to get more into beading. I made several pairs of earrings and
bracelets a couple of years ago with sited assistance, but I would love to
be able to make more things independently.

Any advice on these crafts would be awesome.

I would also just like to express my appreciation to this list. I know I do
not say much but just reading through the emails gives me encouragement that
I can do these things independently.