[Nfb-krafters-korner] need help understanding how to crochet a slit stitch

melissa tucker melissatucker4 at att.net
Mon Nov 18 20:20:23 UTC 2013

I know how to do the chain stitch, but not sure how the slipt stitch works, or how to do it.  At my beginning stage of this, I'm unable to determine the difference between the slit stitch and the chain stitch.  Someone tried to show me the slit stitch today, but she crochets right handed and I crochet left handed.  That's really strange since I'm right handed.  Thanks for any input on this.