[Nfb-krafters-korner] need help understanding how to crochet a slit stitch

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Nov 18 20:37:42 UTC 2013

Are you taking the email crochet class?  They just described the chain
stitch.

The chain stitch is used basically for a foundation stitch or the first row
 stitch that other stitches will be worked into that.  A slip stitch in
crochet is one basic use is to attach the end round  to the first stitch in
the same round and then chain a couple of stitches to bring your new round up
 high enough to create or begin your next round.  So the chain looks/feels
the same, but is used for a different area and for a different reason.

Lisa Maria is  explaining what position the hook should be if you are
right handed or left handed.

She is doing an excellent job.

In a message dated 11/18/2013 3:21:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,