[Nfb-krafters-korner] understanding stitch pattern counts: was Looking for a Wavy Knit Pattern

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 18:13:21 UTC 2013

Hello,

Debra wrote:

It has a 10 stitch multiple plus 5;

I would like to understand exactly what this means please?  I do understand
that I can adjust the width of an item by adjusting the stitch count, but am
unclear about what multiple plus five exactly means. Please give a few
examples of changing a pattern using this?

it's something I've always wanted to know but never got around to asking.
To date, I follow patterns but don't do much changing. But if I can
understand how this works, it will open up new avenues for me to travel.

Thanks,

Cathy F