[Nfb-krafters-korner] not lack of sight

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Sep 15 20:36:14 UTC 2013

Lynda,

You need to seek out another professor and hook up with her to  chaperone
a trip.

In a message dated 9/15/2013 4:33:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
riverwoman at zoominternet.net writes:

Yes,  Joyce it is so true. Loss of independenc is the worst part of losing
sight.  I live in a rural village there is no public transportation  of any
sort anywhere around here. So, unless you have someone who can take  you
with
them, you don't have any opportunities to be out. How I thank the  friends
who have helped me.  the ohly place I can go by myself is to  walk across
the
creek on a bridge and walk the one mile circumfrance  around the next
village.  I do this every evening with my two dogs.  It is 2 miles around
and
back home across the bridge.  For a person  who was used to leaving by
myself
and flying to Europe or any other place,  all the time, it has been an
enormous challenge. I miss my summers in  Europe and the many other trips I
had each year as a professor with my  students. How I long to be back in
Austria as I was every summer, but I do  not know anyone who would be going
and there are no family members who  go.  So, I am having a cup of TEA
right
now in an Austria china cup  with a hirsh on it (that is a deer) and I am
dreaming of one day being  back again to see the people and places  I love
so
much. I still  believe it will happen for me, again, one day.

Lynda