[Nfb-krafters-korner] fixing knitted dropped stitches

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Sep 16 17:25:44 UTC 2013

Cathy,
Fixing dropped stitches:

Knit 1 row, Purl 1 row- stockinette is easy to pick up the stitches dropped
 several rows back.  Just remember it may not look/feel as even as your
other rows.  This is where blocking comes in.

Knit every row-garter stitch is much tougher and I really do not have an
easy solution for that one.  Well the easy solution is pull your needles
out, rip back down to at least 1 or 2 rows below the dropped stitch.  Pick
your stitches up[it does help using a smaller needle then what you are  using
and pick up those stitches.  You need patients here as you need to  either
count while you are picking up or keep feeling after you pick up to be  sure
you didn't miss any other stitches.  Now before you knit this first  picked
up row, if you used smaller needles for the pick up, put each stitch back  on
the correct size needles.  You may have to twist them so they are going  in
the correct direction or you can twist them when you begin knitting as you
will feel if they are on your needles going in the correct direction.

This is how I do it.  I am sure there might be other ways.

I am trying to fit another  class in  basket making and  finding it a bit
difficult with my schedule.  Maybe I can squeeze in a  picking up dropped
stitches in knitting before the middle of December.  If  not I promise to do it
in January.