[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT opinion please

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon Sep 16 20:04:14 UTC 2013

Joyce;
You will be lucky to get a refurbished unit of any kind for $2,000.  I am looking for a lap top, too.
Check with the people that do the tidbits magazine.  If you go with a lap top, it means buying a speech package.  Will the Packmate last much longer, just with a new battery?  Many things to think about.  Is the braille display good enough from the packmate to use with a lap top?
I would talk it out with a tech person.  It might mean taking out a loan, but you do not want to change the battery and then, something else go wrong.

Terry P.