[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT opinion please

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Sep 16 18:59:33 UTC 2013

I have an old Packmate. It is the one that when the battery goes dead  you
lose most everything. Now the battery will not hold a charge and they want
like $800 to upgrade it and I think replace the battery. I used this to
interface with Brailer to print things out in Braille. I am a typer.

So my question to everyone is:
1. Should I just get a lap top for taking notes.
2. Is there a note taker with keyboard that would not be too expensive that
 I could do what the Packmate did?
3. $800 is out of my range to upgrade the Packmate, but ...

Any suggestions?

Any one has a note taker that they don't use and might be willing to part
with?