[Nfb-krafters-korner] disappointed

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Wed Sep 25 13:43:42 UTC 2013

As for the lower memberships currently, that is the normal condition of any
organization. There is an ebb and flow of membership because there is an ebb
and flow of intrests of the members. If you look at the classes offered a
few years ago, and you compare them to the last year, you will see a very
different picture. Teachers ebb and flow, too. Some of the ones who were
prominent and were very involved then, are gone or are well into the
background now. Things change in people's lives and interests change, so it
is only natural.

As to the one-on-one help, I think it is always there.  I have taught clay
classes a couple of times, and have conducted a clay discussion, as well as
a quiltmaking discussion in the past. I know that personally, I had members
call me on the phone and send me email with their questions and things they
wanted to know in addition to what we did in classes.  Beyond the classes, I
even provided members with very clear step-by-step instructions for projects
in clay several times. I know that others do this, too. All I can add is
that if you really want the help, I am SURE it is here. But if you have not
been clear in asking, then the ones who are quilting to help cannot know
what you need.

Any time I have asked a question here, it has been answered or attempted to
be answered by people.

I am not so active any longer because I hav other projects that occupy my
days and for now, I cannot do more here. But, I very often jump in and give
information if I have it to give on something.  This is a really great group
of people who love doing creative things and sharing information. Don't give
up on them! Lynda