[Nfb-krafters-korner] Twitter Feed

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 21:54:18 UTC 2014

Hi Melinda,

Welcome to the Korner! It is wonderful that you are willing to help us with Twitter and that you
are also interested in making your website speech-friendly. I see that Cindy S has already answered
your questions in detail and I agree with all she says. Feel free to look at our website and see
the way in which it is set-up, because this will give you a feel for what is helpful.
What Cindy said about having word descriptions  of any charts/or pictures is so important as is
having .pdf documents be in text not pictures. it is the difference between usable and unusable.

FYI if I were reading a pattern and it were to say "SC across row," my screen reader would read the
letters SC, but since I know that SC means single crochet, this is fine. as you say, beginner
crocheters might find words more helpful, but it is not something that would be of particular
significance to a screen reader user.
Oh and BTW, my screen reader does know some common abbreviations, for instance it speaks FYI as
"for your information," not simply the letters. But it does not know BTW is by the way.
<smile> probably more than you wanted to know, huh?

Posting patterns is discouraged on the list, but links to websites are welcome.

Thank you for being willing to help out here.
Cathy F