[Nfb-krafters-korner] to my friends here

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Apr 6 02:57:28 UTC 2014

Yesterday was really hard, but it was beautiful, touching and so many
people were there.  Thursday there was 4 VFW members in uniform who stood  along
side the coffin [2 of them at a time] during the entire 4 hours and they
did a ceremony too.  These guys were the color guard that are from our town
VFW.  John was First Vice Commander at the Goldback VFW 9460 Post in
Stratford, CT.

Yesterday at the funeral the commander of the VFW Post gave an eulogy   and
he had known John for 25 years.  My daughter's husband gave such a
touching, heartfelt  eulogy  and my daughter's friend that she knew  and went to
school with from Junior High School, who came over our house and  stayed over
for the weekend probably when she was a Freshman or Sophomore in  High
School and never left our home for about 8 years.  Yep, all my kids  left and
Sara was still there, gave an eulogy  about how he was a father to  her.  The
minister, who  never met him, but knew my Mom and I listened  to what I had
to tell her about him and included everything.  They at the  end opened up
the doors to the funeral home and we had contacted the proper  folks of the
military and out in front of the funeral home, over looking our  Paradise
Green in the center of our town, they shot off the guns for the gun  salute  and
played taps.  The Army fellow came in and presented the  flag to me and I
hugged it and the tears flowed down until every person went up  to the coffin
and walked out of the funeral home.  It was then time for me,  JC, Michael
and Katie to say our good-buys.
After more tears we all had a group hug and walked out leaving my heart and
 my eyes there.

I am sitting here with my hands shakingI need some time, but I will pop in
and out until I get a little past all of this.

Thank you for being a friend.  I am treasurering each and every one of  you
right now.

Love,
Joyce