[Nfb-krafters-korner] pen friend

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 00:06:19 UTC 2014

Hi Terry,

I have a pen friend.
Holding the pen with the tip pointing down, here are the buttons:
Top button, press and hold in till it beeps to turn on, press again and hold till it beeps to turn
off.
Second button is actually a toggle switch for the volume.
Button three is  the one I can't quite remember how to use.  but it allows you to save your label
files to the computer or transfer a MP3 from the computer to the pen friend. You will see a  USB
cord in the box with the pen friend.
Button four is the tape button. Place the tip of the pen anywhere on a label, keep it pressed till
it beeps, then continue to press while saying what you want on the label. When done, release the
tape button.

To listen to a label, turn on the pen and simply rest it anywhere on a label and it will speak.

Actually instructions do come with the pen friend, they are located on a label that is attached to
the tray where the pen friend rests. Turn on pen friend and rest the tip of the pen anywhere on the
label to hear the instructions. I've lost my insert with the instructions, which is why I can't
tell you how to use that third button.
One handy tip to know is that the labels can be cut into as many pieces as you want, allowing you
to have more labels. They are also re-usable.
Cathy F